You should not hesitate to make hot sake at home, you can enjoy it without any special tools for heating sake. It’s easy and simple. Let’s make warm sake at home!
How to heat sake with the stuff you have at home
(1 cup of sake – serving 2 people)
Items you will need:
- Sake (Hikomago Junmai sake, aged 3 years)
- Mason jar
- Deep small pot or bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Prep boiled water.
- During boiling water, pour 1 cup of sake* into the mason jar.
*Sake has to be at room temp otherwise the container may break.
- Pour boiled water into the pot. (2/3 of the pot)
- Put the mason jar with sake into the pot. Make sure to adjust the level of the water and the water level is a little bit higher than the level of the sake.
- Put the thermometer into the jar.
- Light cover it by plastic wrap
- Wait until certain temp (see our product page for more details).
For Hikomago, suggested temp is 55℃/130F. If you try other sake, check the back label of the bottle to make sure to adjust to certain temp.
- If you don’t have a thermometer, it takes around 3 minus to hit 55℃.
- Take the jar out.
- Enjoy hot sake with any food!
For sake intermediates, try with different temp or different food. Even 5℃ lower or higher temp will make sake taste differently. Find out your favourite temp of Hikomago and food pairing!